CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
A BLOG DEDICATED TO TEACHING MEN HOW TO BE LOVED BY THEIR WIVES.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My old brand new truck.

In October of 2006 we went to Larry H Miller and got a brand new ram 2500 sport quad cab. Long story there but I wanted a mega cab and Jimmy forced me not to get one. (like i said long story) Well for ever I hated the truck until I finally lifted it and got some sweet wheels for it. Then I fell in love with the truck. Since it was the sport edition it was all one color, no chrome or shiny anything. It had white bumpers and grill, in other words, it was completely white. So I named it Cracker. Get it?

Anyway the truck came with a scary payment, so considering the recession and all I wanted to get a smaller payment. My salesman at lhm called me friday and told me the value of my truck had come way up and was worth enough for me to trade it in and brake even.

Talked it over with the family and even though all of us were in love Cracker we decided to trade it in. On one condition, that I came home with a smaller payment. Heidi stayed home and sent me out there to do the sad sad deal. She just said, if you do something stupid, you have to come home with a cheese cake from the cheese cake factory.

So what did I do? I came home with a 2009 Ram 1500.


Let me explain.... I went to LHM with a truck that had 24000 miles on in and was mint. I didn't want to come home with a junker, you know... So I was looking at all the half ton trucks they had on the lot and the only one I could feel good about coming home with had 50000 miles and was in good shape. But the problem was not only did the value of my truck go up so did all the half tons value too. They were about the same price as my trade.

Turns out this new Hemi was only 5000 more than a 2007 half ton truck with 50000 miles on it.

I drove it home and soon as Heidi rode it she liked it. And soon as she drove it she loved it. That is why it is my OLD brand new truck. Its not mine anymore. We are selling her nitro and she will just drive this. I have sellers remorse a bit because I love Cracker so much.

Anyone have a sweet name for my bright orange truck. I am stumped.

P.S. Heidi loved her cheese cake.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet truck!! Heidi had cheese cake and did not offer any????????
Holy cow......

Love Mom