CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
A BLOG DEDICATED TO TEACHING MEN HOW TO BE LOVED BY THEIR WIVES.

Monday, August 31, 2009

its funny how true this really is

I have joked with my hot wife for awhile now about how I don't even have a corner in this house I can call mine. Not even one spot anywhere in this house that is not crowded out by her stuff or the way she wants it. She tells me I have the garage, but all my stuff is on the ground because all her seasonal decorations are in totes on the shelves.
Well... I finally got something my way. I have slowly been remodeling the bathroom upstairs and a few weeks ago I got the shower put in. I quickly claimed my spot in the shower. I have 1 bar of soap, 1 bottle of shampoo, and 1 razor. I put those three items on the top shelf closest to the shower head.

It was just last night that I was thinking to myself while showering, "wow this is the first spot that has been mine in this house." It had been weeks and my stuff was still there

Tonight however I get in the shower and something has changed. Heidi has about ten or twenty things in the shower, and my three things have been replaced.

Im not complaining or crying about it. I thought it was worth sharing to illustrate to my wife how right I am on this subject. See when I joke with her about it, she cannot understand what I am talking about.
One of these days, even if I have to build a separate house, I will have just one room that I can do as I please with.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay... I just called you a dumbass on your real man post, and said your kid was cute.

This is a great post. So you're not so bad.

Sorry.

Rachel said...

Hey Josh. Sorry about all your haters-- I'm sure you're not an ogre or anything. Never thought you were. Don't let all those mean comments get you down. I get a real kick out of the MBP guys, but we should all be glad there are so many different people out there to make the world go round, right? Anyway, I doubt most of those girls really took issue with you wanting your wife to stay at home. I've not reread that post, but I think maybe it was the idea that "real men" shouldn't emote or anything, and I remember a few other things made my inner-nouveau-feminist bristle, but not to the point I thought ill of you. Blame it on our generation, but I think maybe a little loosening up on some of those traditional gender expectations was probably a good thing. Of course, a ton of that has gone way too far, in my opinion. I don't know, I think the best solution is to live your life as best you can, following the teachings of Christ. When it comes to political or social stuff, I think that so many of the arguments out there are blurred, and that generally there is wisdom in moderation. I don't know. The problem is, because we're human and make mistakes, we often get caught up in the little things, and maybe have a little bit of mote/beam syndrome over stuff that's not so important, when we should be rigid about doctrine, and about right and wrong.
Regardless, good for you living a happy life and being yourself. Good for you doing your best to take care of your wife and family. Good for you for blogging and representing your own opinion, and everything else. And sorry about the Rush Limbaugh joke, by the way. I thought that some of those people commenting would understand my own sarcasm, and see that it was pretty awful for them to judge you. I think everyone is also pretty attached to the MBP guys because they get most of their readers by following Mormon Girl Blogs first. I'm sure those girls thought they were being loyal, but I'm sorry it came at the expense of your peace and your family's happiness.
Whoa. This is long. Keep on keepin on. All the best,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Amen to Rachel. People took this WAY too out of hand. Its a good thing everyone has different views of things or else this life would be BORING. God made us all that way. Ignore the haters. Keep doing your thing. Your family is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hey brother! I just heard the news that you got in another accident! You're too tough! I never ever want to break a bone or a rib. Ouch!
I've enjoyed reading your recent blogs. I haven't read them for a while. I have to say though, in reference to your ‘Real Man’ post, I really think you put too much on yourself. We’re both perfectionist.
You're a good man! I love the father that you've been to your children. I was afraid that the way you were raised would affect how you would treat Deegan especially. Not to kick dad in the nuts or anything but you’ve been a better dad to your son.
I love ya!
Jamie Lynn